In You’re Not Listening: What You’re Missing and Why It Matters, author Kate Murphy shares the latest research on effective listening.
In this course, you’ll learn strategies for improving listening skills. First, you’ll discover how our brains respond when we’re engaged in conversation. You’ll then get best practices for effective listening, including creating the right environment, engaging curiosity, supporting—rather than shifting—the conversation, and embracing silence.
- Getting in sync
- Listening to more than just words
- Create an environment for listening
- We don’t listen to those who matter most
- Engage your curiosity
- Support, rather than shift, the conversation
- Mind your internal dialogue
- Embrace silence
Estimated time to complete: 90 minutes