Available to groups only.
Based on the highly successful in-person Indigenous Cultural Competence course, learners will build knowledge on the acceptable terms related to Indigenous peoples, and some similarities and differences between First Nations, Métis and Inuit. This online course will provide the historical context that underpins some of today’s continuing tensions about land in Canada. And then learners will deepen cultural competence to build effective relationships with Indigenous co-workers and peers, and spend some time considering how to contribute to reconciliation both personally and professionally in Canada.
This is an adaption of the course designed for senior executives and boards, with a focus on organizational opportunities to contribute to reconciliation. It is designed for an executive group or board to learn together.
Estimated time to complete: 4 hours including homework in individual online modules, 2-3 hours in live webinar
Online modules expiration: 30 days
Individual Online Modules: learners will start and complete these modules in the two weeks leading up to the live webinar.
- Indigenous Canada: terminology, strengths and challenges facing Indigenous peoples, how to do an effective land acknowledgement
- Cultural Competence: building awareness of your own culture, how culture infuses communication and conflict, and how to build safe space for people from other cultures in your workplace
- History Matters: Canada’s hidden history of relationship with Indigenous peoples, and potential long-term impacts of colonial policies of racism, and overview of intergenerational trauma and healing
Group Webinar: three hour live webinar with The IRG
- Review of online learning
- Role of Ally, Challenging Racism: how to be an ally for Indigenous peoples; naming racism against Indigenous Peoples; ways to challenge racism
- Opportunities to Contribute to Reconciliation in your Organization: what is the opportunity; wise practices from other organizations in Canada and around the world; next steps for your leadership
Group Purchase – Minimum of 10 People
This course is limited to group purchase by an organization for its employees. Upon purchase, employees will receive an email to invite them to sign in for the first time and take the course on their own time. Group leaders are able to buy seats in a course, assign users (employees or learners), track the overall progress of learners, and more. Group purchase is available here. A detailed overview of Group Management is available here.
Steps to buy this product:
Buy Course Online
- Click on Group Management, Buy Course for a Group
- Add the Title for your group or groups
- Add the number of seats to purchase in each group (the number of learners including yourself)
- Click Add to Cart
- Add your name, email and contact information as the Group Leader
- Purchase through Paypal
- Site will direct you to your new Group Management for Leaders page to add in the names and emails of your learners – please ensure learners are added at least two weeks in advance of the live webinar
Schedule Live Webinar
- Email The IRG to schedule a live webinar